Thursday, February 10, 2011

Beorn's Hall

I have wanted to do this piece for a long time but I couldn't get the concept just right. The other artist renderings of the inside of Beorn's Hall that I have seen have either been way too detailed and all that wood planking looked like match sticks or the colors are all muddied up. The coloring is a challenge because Tolkien describes it as made entirely of timbers with a central fire and platforms at the side. So, I think my stylized version helps a lot to simplify the vision and control all those woody timbers and muddy browns. Here then is my version of ...

Beorn's Hall

1 comment:

  1. Phyllis after looking at this image again I have now only just understood the smoke up in the rafters escaping in the smoke hole. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete