Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bagshot Row

This piece turned out to be far more fun than I anticipated and I think the results are just about smack on where I wanted them to be. For the most part, Bilbo's Shire always seems to me to be a place of fair weather and green hills ... and of course, Hobbits. What could be more 'hobbity' than Bagshot Row with it's line of round doors nestled on the hillside. There is a saying that comfort is everything. It that is true then I imagine the Shire and Bagshot Row to be at the top of the comfort list. Here is my ...

Bagshot Row

2 comments:

  1. Still my favorite out of the whole series. I'm still toying with the idea of creating a woodcut of just the entrance of a hobbit hole. But no matter what I think of now it can not top your lovely doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When those doors and trees came out the way they did, the whole piece took on the character I was looking for. Nice when things happen that way. :-)

    ReplyDelete