Friday, June 7, 2013

This is my first blog in a very long time, but it is also time to begin again. Lots has happened in the past two years including the loss of my dear little Mom and a big move ... downsizing from my large home that I shared with Mom during her final years to a lovely and much smaller, minimal maintenance town house. I simply love it here ... as snug as a bug in a rug!

My art was put away at Mom's passing and I have been more than busy with real life since then. Now it is time to begin anew. I feel recharged and have some new artistic challenges in mind. I am hopelessly (or hopefully) still a Tolkien artist at heart and so my efforts will continue to be based on Tolkien's visions of Middle-earth. He is so wonderfully descriptive of the landscapes and places and that is where I know I will always gravitate.

I am still struggling to develop my own unique artistic 'style'. I plan to continue to use markers as my 'home base' medium, but I dabbled in acrylics recently and it was eye opening and great fun. Brace yourselves!

So, I am going to pull out Fonstad's The Atlas of Middle-earth and wander through her terrific and detailed maps for inspiration. Who knows where I will end up, but I can guarantee that if it is in Middle-earth, it will be glorious. LOL ... hopefully my artistic visions will be worth the effort and everyone's time.

Bombs away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment