Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting Started

Well ... here goes nothin'. I have been thinking about putting a blog at Rabbit Ridge Art (RRA) for quite some time but I am not someone given to small talk and thought it would be a waste. From other artistic friends, however, I am beginning to see the light and the benefits of open brainstorming and jotting down thoughts on artistic subject matter and mediums and technique. So ... now I'm afraid you're stuck with me for better or worse.

Yesterday I re-worked the Home Page at RRA for 2011. Actually got all of my work to this date categorized and up for sale and streamlined the HP assortment and visual look with a couple of new (less busy) graphics. Still need to delete those items (cards, stationery, and posters) that I will no longer produce or sell. That shouldn't take long. Take a look and see what you think ... https://www.rabbitridgeart.com/

Am working on a new series based on Tolkien's The Hobbit. Am finding it a little tougher to get inspired than I always am with his The Lord of the Rings. Am hoping to get 12 pieces done for a 2012 Middle-earth calendar. LOL ... we'll see. Here's a sample to start. Medium is marker and ink ...


Middle-earth


Am thoroughly enjoying the surreal form format done with the french curve forms. Above is titled simply Middle-earth, and below, here is Smaug ...


Smaug



Will add them to RRA with a teaser that they will be available soon.

First blog done ... more to come. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new blog - and site house cleaning is always good! I always find things missing that should be there and visa versa, when I have a good rumamge around mine. Love the way you've carried through the celtic look on Rabbit Ridge : -)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with Sue. Nice to clean house occasionally. It also helps seo when you freshen the pages. Now I hope we see you truly at work and the process you take to make your wonderful paintings.

    ReplyDelete